All manuscripts must be submitted to
Select "Reviews in Biomedical Engineering" as the Journal.
Manuscripts for Methodological
Reviews are limited to 40 pages.
Manuscripts for Clinical
Reviews are limited to 55 pages.
For reference, IEEE electronic style files can be found here:
- The manuscript should be formatted in one
single column, double-spaced. Figures and tables should be at the end
of the manuscript (see 7 below).
- The manuscript, including figures, tables, and
references, should not exceed the page limits specified above.
- The font size should be 11 points or larger.
- Margins should be at least one inch on all
- Manuscripts, including text, references,
figures, and tables, should be combined and converted to a single PDF
file for upload to Manuscript Central.
- The abstract must be no longer than 200 words.
- Figures and tables should appear at the back of
the text, one figure per page. A separate page listing figure/table
captions should be included, keyed to numbers marked on each
- References are particularly important in Review
papers and will themselves be subject to review. Authors should attempt
do to an exhaustive search of the literature, and the norm will be to
have a reference list of over 100 papers. The references should appear
in a separate reference section at the end of the manuscript text, with
items referred by numerals in square brackets. References must be
completed in the IEEE style as follows:
- Papers: Author(s), first initials followed by last
name, title, periodical, volume, inclusive page numbers, month, year.
- Books: Author(s), title, location, publisher, year, chapter, page